Saturday, February 10, 2007

Home is where home is :)

My summer in LA, where I was working for 9 weeks and living in a sub-let apartment, sharing the house with 3 other undergrad girls gave me first real feel of life in the US.

Both in terms of the 'real' American's life and also in terms of my real life in America if I were to work here.

Life gets pretty isolated here even if you are living with 4 other high energy 20 odd year olds. I am not very sure why..

Cars whizzing past, everything so clean and orderly, everyone following rules, everyone restpectful of each others personal space, everything so prim and proper. Maybe thats what it is. Its the chaos in my country that I miss the most here. It is that crazy noisy honking, the curious eyes of my neighbour 'aunty' watching me get off my friend's bike, it is the incessant questions from the 'aunty' sitting next to me in the city bus, it is the insane driving of the autorikshaws, it is the loud music blaring from the Ganesh pandal two blocks away (even 3 months after Ganesh Chaturthi), it is the always-in-a-hurry crowd of vehicles nudging through any little space to get ahead of the others at the signal, it is the 'madam, jeans madam; madam, imported purse madam' of the Alankar plaza vendors, it is the crowded majestic bus stand, it is the little panipuri-bhelpuri carts, it is all this and so much more that I miss so terribly in this orderly, prim and proper, organized, clean country of America!

I miss my friends, nightouts with Shu, boat rides with Chitti, Praveen's complaints about making him wait all the time, Suppu's refusals to cater to my whims any more, Madhu's silence, Sarvesh's jokes, long conversations with Archu, Kavya's 'what da, stupid', bumming around in Prav's room doing 'combined study', treks with the group, our yearly trips, long bike rides, long phone conversations with all friends and getting scolded by appaji and amma for the same, going out with cousins, Ramesh anna's double entendres, arguments with Anal, miss everything here.

More than anything else I miss coming back home and plonking on my divan, asking amma to come and sit down so that I can lie with my head on her lap and watch the TV Serial on ETV Kannada, appaji getting me a glass of water and telling amma to hurry up because putti is hungry, ajji feeding me anna mosuru saaru and uppinkai my favourite combo, dancing with appaji to a radio city number, my brother lifting a screaming me and plonking me on the sofa, appaji scolding me for coming back home later than 9.00pm, amma telling me to spend my time better by reading a good biography rather than a silly Sidney Sheldon book, gangakka pampering me with my favourite dishes and scolding me for my bad habit of staying up late into the nights, my lill sister so ready to help me with anything, but grudgingly opening a book to read and hoping akka forgets to ask for an update, dancing (jumping) around the living room for those peppy radio city songs putting up a show for the opposite-house occupants, all this and so much much more.

Home is where home is! Hope life, jobs and careers take me back to where I want to be - Home!

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

u might nt be knowing me bt nicely written. i also exp the same. nice one keep it up

10:18 PM  
Blogger Chaitra Chidanand said...

Thanks :)

11:02 PM  
Blogger Shilpa Chegu said...

hey nice one. got me all nostalgic

12:08 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

longchamp pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, tory burch outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, louis vuitton, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, louis vuitton, prada outlet, chanel handbags, jordan shoes, christian louboutin, longchamp outlet, gucci handbags, tiffany jewelry, nike roshe, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin pas cher, prada handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, ugg boots, sac longchamp pas cher, jordan pas cher, nike free, replica watches, michael kors pas cher, burberry pas cher, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, kate spade outlet, oakley sunglasses, air max, louis vuitton outlet, nike free run, longchamp outlet, polo outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, nike outlet, christian louboutin uk

5:34 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

hollister uk, michael kors outlet, sac vanessa bruno, nike blazer pas cher, nike air max uk, burberry handbags, new balance, michael kors, kate spade, oakley pas cher, nike air max, ray ban uk, guess pas cher, coach outlet, michael kors outlet online, nike roshe run uk, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, true religion outlet, uggs outlet, true religion outlet, timberland pas cher, coach purses, nike air max uk, michael kors, nike air force, nike free uk, burberry outlet, sac hermes, coach outlet store online, nike tn, michael kors outlet online, vans pas cher, hollister pas cher, north face uk, abercrombie and fitch uk, ray ban pas cher, hogan outlet, replica handbags, polo lacoste, north face, ralph lauren uk, lululemon canada, mulberry uk, converse pas cher, true religion jeans, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online

5:38 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

herve leger, gucci, bottega veneta, new balance shoes, louboutin, iphone cases, north face outlet, hollister clothing, vans outlet, nike roshe run, p90x workout, mac cosmetics, nike huaraches, longchamp uk, hollister, converse, babyliss, celine handbags, jimmy choo outlet, beats by dre, soccer jerseys, reebok outlet, chi flat iron, ferragamo shoes, giuseppe zanotti outlet, timberland boots, mont blanc pens, nike trainers uk, wedding dresses, asics running shoes, abercrombie and fitch, north face outlet, insanity workout, oakley, vans, baseball bats, soccer shoes, instyler, lululemon, valentino shoes, ray ban, nfl jerseys, hollister, nike air max, hermes belt, converse outlet, ralph lauren, nike air max, mcm handbags, ghd hair

5:40 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

coach outlet, swarovski crystal, hollister, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, marc jacobs, toms shoes, links of london, karen millen uk, canada goose, canada goose, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, moncler outlet, lancel, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, ugg uk, wedding dresses, canada goose uk, juicy couture outlet, pandora charms, barbour, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, replica watches, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, ugg pas cher, barbour uk, moncler uk, canada goose jackets, canada goose outlet, moncler, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, supra shoes, canada goose outlet, moncler, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, moncler, louis vuitton, ugg, doudoune moncler, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, swarovski

5:46 PM  
Blogger Kurang Kerjaan said...

smart bokep indonesia
.
bokep semi hot
.
bokep semi indonesia
.
bokep semi terbaru

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home